As of March 16th, 2020, the total number of COVID19 coronavirus cases in Marin has risen to 9, but this number is sure to rise in the coming days. We are doing all that we can to keep Marin CoWork clean, regularly disinfecting all door handles, kitchen surfaces and desks.
The incoming spread of the virus should not be a cause for panic, as hysteria is helpful to no one, but it should compel all of us to be alert and follow the expert’s guidelines regarding how to prevent the spread of COVID19 to your loved ones.
Here’s advice straight from the CDC on how to keep yourself safe in such environments and elsewhere.
1. Practice everyday preventive actions now. Remind everyone in your household of the importance of practicing everyday preventive actions that can help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses:
2. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
3. Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
4. Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
5. Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily (e.g., tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles) using a regular household detergent and water.
6. If surfaces are dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent and water prior to disinfection. For disinfection, a list of products with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved emerging viral pathogens claims, maintained by the American Chemistry Council Center for Biocide Chemistries (CBC), is available at Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fighting Products
7. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products.
8. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
Stay safe, everyone